Friday, September 2, 2016

06/09/16 Arches National Park


On June 7th-9th, I spent a few days photographing and hiking in Arches National Park in Moab, UT. The hot summer heat with temperatures near 100°F was tough to manage during a few days of hiking in this national park. With that being said, I kept hydrated as much as possible and hiked mostly in the morning and evenings in the park. On June 7th, I started the day in Driggs, ID at a Super 8 hotel and began the drive southwest into Utah on I-15 arriving by late afternoon in Moab, UT. This was a really neat park to visit with so many arches and photogenic landscapes throughout the park. I found a reasonable Super 8 hotel in Moab, UT where I would stay for a few nights during my vacation. This once again was another fun park to visit and provided many opportunities for photography! I've added several photos from a few days of hiking and photography below:

Entrance to the park...
My first visit to the state of Utah!
Epic morning sunrise in the park!
Amazing landscapes!
"Hiking in canyons"
Balanced Rock at sunset!
Great landscapes in every direction...
One of the window arches at sunrise!
Delicate Arch and a stunning landscape!
Balanced Rock at sunrise!
Utah, I'll be back...
A really neat wide-angle shot!
Just outside Devil's Garden Trailhead I found a neat landscape...
Evening light providing some great colors!
A great shot of the South Window!
Corona Arch, on an extremely hot summer afternoon!
"Desert canyons"
It's a difficult hike to Delicate Arch...
"Lines"
Another neat shot of Balanced Rock!
A fiery sunrise!
I love the color in this shot!
The North Window Arch in the evening!
One of my favorites from Balanced Rock!
A cool perspective!
"Morning light"
A nice landscape!
Strange formations in the canyons I came across...
Neat formations and crevasses!
This was the most difficult hike of the trip because it was mid-afternoon and 100°F+...
Trail marker!
Amazing evening light!
I love this shot!
Another neat perspective!
"Evening light"
Great stuff!
Balanced Rock during the late-afternoon!
Another neat view!
Delicate Arch once again...
Near golden-hour...
This was a good morning to take shots of the South Window Arch!
"Balance in the force"
One of many good sunsets I witnessed at the park!
An arch turning to red with the low-sun angle in the evening just before sunset...
Another shot of the North Window!
The setting sun on the canyons!
A rough hike and one of the largest arches in the area!
Another awesome landscape!
A neat little arch...
An insane morning sunrise!
Turret Arch at sunrise!
A Balanced Rock close-up!
"Sandstone"
The North Window after sunrise!
More cool formations!
"Morning sunlight"
A well-timed shot with the setting sun and this rock illuminated during the last minutes before sunset!
"Hiking in the desert"
The sun begins to rise...
Stunning array of color!
Another landscape that I was happy with...
More neat canyon walls!
"Hiking into new worlds"
Crazy canyons!
A good sunset!
"Setting sun"

That wraps up a few days of photography and hiking at this national park. Afterwards, I would travel to Canyonlands National Park for another day of hiking and photography on June 10th. I'll update with that post over the coming days.