Monday, September 5, 2016

06/12/16 Carhenge, NE

"Carhenge" a replica of England's Stonehenge near Alliance, NE

On June 12th, I ended up beginning the day at a Best Western hotel in Sidney, NE. On this day, I decided to travel north to Alliance, NE to visit "Carhenge" which I've always wanted to visit over the years traveling through Nebraska chasing storms. There wasn't much in the way of good storms to chase so I figured I'd take this day to spend some time photographing this replica of England's Stonehenge made of cars instead of stones. I've added a few photos from the day below:

Entering Colorado along I-70 as I make my way west the previous day...
I gotta say this is pretty cool!
I've seen some great shots with storms and insane sunsets on the internet from this location over the years...
Neat stuff!
Maybe someday I can visit Stonehenge in England...you never know?!
 "The four seasons"
"Abandoned"
"Around in circles we go"
Now, that's pretty neat!
Cars, cars, and more cars...
One last shot to end the day on...

This was a neat place to visit and something different to photograph as well. That wraps up my two-week vacation as I would arrive back home in Illinois. I did finally get some worthy storms to chase back home on June 22nd and I'll update with that post in the coming days.