Saturday, September 10, 2016

07/04/16 4th of July Fireworks: Eureka, IL

The 4th of July firework display at Eureka Lake in Eureka, IL 

On July 4th, I traveled to Eureka, IL to enjoy a 4th of July firework display at dusk. I ended up photographing this display with my Canon 5D Mark III at Eureka Lake. This was my first time attending this firework display and it was a decent show I thought despite the typical abundance of mosquitoes this time of the year. I've added several images I shot during the evening below:

Beautiful colors!
A neat shot of the firework display beginning at the lake!
It's dusk as the show begins...
A nice arrangement here!
"Kaboom"
"Light up the sky"
A whole lot of fireworks going up here...
"Bursting color"
"Light me up"
"Everything was black n' white inside, but now I'm seeing color"
"Bursting in color"
A wide-angle shot!
"About to explode"
A favorite!
Cool stuff!
Another favorite!
"Half & half"
"A sky full of color"
Another cool shot!
"Up & up"
One of my favorites from the evening!
"Blinded by the light"
"Life in color"
"I still light up for you"
Grand Finale' begins...
"Smoky"
"Bang"
Neat arrangement!
More great color!
"Up in flames"
"Neon lights"
A whole lot of red in this shot!
More good stuff...
"Bursting gold"
Grand Finale'
"Firework UFO"
The show coming to an end...
One more as the show concludes...

That's all for this post. In July, I ended up spending some time at Matthiessen State Park and Starved Rock State Park hiking and capturing some waterfalls and I'll be adding that post in the coming days.